Senior Manager - Enterprise Risk Management & Assurance
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Assurance leader will be responsible for implementing and managing a comprehensive & integrated risk management framework, policies, and procedures. Reporting directly to the Head of Legal & Compliance, the ERM leader will oversee risk identification, assessment, monitoring, and mitigation strategies to ensure the organization operates within an acceptable risk tolerance level. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including operations, legal, compliance, finance, and information security, to drive a culture of risk awareness and promote best practices. This position requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication abilities, and a thorough understanding of risk management principles in the context of a service company having global presence.
- Develop and implement a robust risk management framework, aligning with industry standards and best practices
- Developing a risk management strategy that aligns with the company's overall business strategy
- Identify and assess potential risks associated with the organization including legal, compliance, operational, financial, reputational, and cybersecurity risks.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies and action plans to minimize exposure and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Establish key risk indicators (KRIs) and implement a proactive monitoring system to track and report risk metrics to the executive leadership team and relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate risk management processes into business operations, ensuring a consistent and coordinated approach across capability centers.
- Effectively challenge both first and second lines of defence in terms of controls, mitigations, risk prioritization
- Conduct regular risk assessments, risk reviews, and compliance reviews to identify control gaps and recommend improvements.
- Monitoring market conditions and making recommendations for strategic changes in business operations based on emerging risks; Ability to bring an outside-in perspective
- Provide guidance and training to employees on risk management practices, fostering a culture of risk awareness and accountability throughout the organization; Conduct workshops on risk initiatives for delivery and or business enabling functions Leadership
- Partner with external stakeholders, such as regulatory bodies, auditors, and clients, to address risk-related inquiries and ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Prepare comprehensive risk reports and presentations for the Executive Leadership team, Board of Directors, and other stakeholders, highlighting key risk areas and recommended actions
- Experience in understanding and identifying risks for various emerging technologies like Cloud, AI, RPA among others and recommend necessary mitigation measures
- Responsible for the performance of direct reports and mentoring team members
- On a need basis interact with customers to build trust and confidence based on our ERM framework and supporting processes
- Ensures that the Risk Management Framework facilitates continuous improvement of organization’s capabilities for management of its top priority risks. Ensures that Risk Management is guided by its Vision, Mission, Philosophy, Objectives and Policies. Assist the Board/Audit Committee (AC) and Senior Management in balancing the organization’s risk-taking ability with its approved Risk Appetite to protect as well as enhance Corporate Value.
- Represents the main change agent for the implementation and continuous improvement of the ERM system.
- Provides assurance that communication plans for Risk Management are both coherent and capably executed.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, risk management, or a related field. A master's degree or relevant professional certifications (e.g., CRM, FRM, CFA) are highly desirable.
- Certification in Enterprise Risk Management standards (e.g. ISO 31000, COSO ERM, CRMA, BSi institute).
- Proven experience (15 years) as a ERM & Assurance professional or in a senior risk management role within the service management or consulting industry, preferably
- In-depth knowledge of risk management frameworks, methodologies, and regulatory requirements relevant to capability center operations.
- Strong understanding of the service management industry and the associated risks and challenges.
- Ability to develop and implement enterprise-wide risk management strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify, assess, and mitigate risks effectively.
- Strong leadership capabilities and the ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex risk concepts and recommendations to non-technical audiences.
- Experience working in a global environment with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- High ethical standards and integrity, coupled with the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgment in decision-making.
- Familiarity with Indian regulatory requirements and standards applicable to service companies.
- Proficiency in risk assessment tools and software.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Join our dynamic and growing organization to contribute to the development and implementation of robust enterprise risk management practices. Apply your expertise and make a significant impact on our company's risk landscape and overall success.